Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson: King of Pop's Superman #400 Appearance

I'd intended on doing something completely different, but the shocking passing of 80s Icon and King of Pop Michael Jackson can't go unnoticed, even on this humble comicbook blog.While many might know that MJ appeared as Captain EO in Eclipse Comics' 1987 adaptation of the Disney movie/ride, how many of ya knew he popped up in this Jerry Robinson Superman tribute in the magnificent Superman #400 (July 1984)?
We'll return to our regular stuff next week. Thanks for your kind indulgence.

2 comments:

J.A. Morris said...

Not from the 80s but:
I just happened to be perusing a long box last night and stumbled on this comic, look for MJ in the bottom left of the crowd with the rest of the Jackson Five:
http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=66583&zoom=4

The Groovy Agent said...

Good one! I should post more issues of Spoof on my other blog!

Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.

All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1980s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!