Friday, August 14, 2009

Cover Me: Frank Miller Goes Indie

Just a quickie this week (new job, time consuming, etc., etc., etc.), but it doesn't take long to give ya a snapshot of Frank Miller's independent cover artwork from the 1980s. Check it out!


But wait, there's more! Just to make this post a little more filling (tastes great!), here are Frank's Famous Detective centerfolds from Ms. Tree #'s 1, 2, and 4 (still looking for the centerfold from #3...)


IMPORTANT NOTE: BMwC is going to be taking a short hiatus (a week or two) to give me time to get ahead on everything. When BMwC returns, it will be moving to SATURDAYS, by the way. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Thank you so much! I have been looking for these pinups for ages.

Capes on Film said...

Saw your link on Chris Nye's blog and checked it out for the first time. I dig the overall tone- great research and analysis. I put it on my reader. BTW-Thanks for the covers. I missed a lot of these.

Andrew Wahl said...

I've always found the cover to Death Rattle #18 to be very striking. It's one of the few comics I have in my collection for the cover alone.

Chris T said...

Damn... Now I'm going to have to find and dig out that issue of Anything Goes and that X-Men/Phoenix What If.

vollsticks said...

Was "Anything Goes" the Fanta benefit book? From when they got sued, summat to do with Harlan Ellison, I believe?

Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.

All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1980s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!